Friday, August 13, 2010

I have eyes!


Or at least eye primordia. This is a picture of one of the squid embryos I am working with for my second project. If you look closely at the lumps on either side of the embryo you'll see clear ovals, that's were the eyes will develop. I am very excited to see how they will look tomorrow!

It's been a bit busy, as the paper for my first project was due at the start of the week, at the same time as the proposal for my second (and a presentation on the first during the middle of the week). Hopefully, I'll get a good head start on the second paper tonight... so I can take the time to go whale watching this weekend. I can't believe the program is ending so soon.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Fascinating!! Your world is so different from mine (and yet, it's the same world-- how cool is that?).

Just stopped by to see what's doing in the great briny... These little guys are amazing!

Thanks!